Have you forgiven yourself yet?
Have you ever noticed when someone has wronged you, forgiveness may be the last thing on your mind.
You’re convinced they deserve all the anger and hostility you can muster.
Does your anger harm the other person? Nope. In most cases, the other person just stays away.
Holding a grudge is like punching yourself in the face and expecting the other person to say, “Ouch.”
Here’s the deal; forgiveness is a gift you give to yourself, not someone else.
Forgiveness is self-serving.
It’s something you do for yourself, because the alternative is harmful to your health, happiness, and future.
Forgiveness is Healthy
Forgiving yourself is the healthy and logical choice for several reasons:
- Living in the past steals your present and taints your future. It keeps you out of alignment with the energies of your inner being, the one that’s always rooting for you.
- A great future requires an attentive present. That’s not possible if you’re living in the past.
- Life is happening right now at this moment. Every moment spent in the past is lost forever. Reclaim your life by forgiving yourself and moving on.
- Failing to forgive creates misery. Creating and maintaining negative thoughts creates negative vibrations that go out into the universe. It doesn’t feel good. By refusing to forgive the person that wronged you, you’re harming yourself.
Remember: Whatever you hold onto, refuse to forgive or are using as a reason to stop moving forward is what you are using to hold back your dreams as well.
- You’ll be stronger. Forgiveness can be challenging! Staying angry is easy in a certain way. Show yourself just how strong you are. Take a deep breath and forgive yourself for whatever you are judging another with. Let it go, let it flow. It becomes easier with time.
- Your health will improve. Happiness and peacefulness undoubtedly support good health and longevity. Live a long and wonderful life. Be forgiving. The Mayo Clinic states that forgiveness can lead to:
- Healthier relationships
- Lower blood pressure
- Stronger immune system
- Improved heart health, and
- higher self esteem
- Forgiveness is fast. Time may heal all wounds, but it can take a long time. Forgiveness is instantaneous. There’s no faster way to enhance your mood than the simple act of forgiveness. Forgiveness is fast, effective, and free. Take advantage of it and you’ll find you’re back in alignment with who you were meant to be.
Getting into the habit of forgiving yourself means you’ve claimed your dreams as your own and you’re not willing to suffer any longer.
Here’s your home play:
Take a moment, be still.
Put your hand on your heart.
Close your eyes, take a deep breath in and on the exhale repeat to yourself
I did the best with the tools that I had
She/he/they did the best with the tools they had
Be with it
Release with grace whatever it is that you’ve been refusing to forgive.
Be good to yourself.
Tapping into I did the best with the tools that I had could just kickstart the vibrations you’ve been asking for to create the vision of you, you’ve always known is possible.
Here’s to living a life that loves you back!